euRobotics opens its Call for the 2022 Georges Giralt PhD Award.
The submission deadline is 30st November, 2022.
The 'Georges Giralt Ph.D. Award' is intended to showcase PhD theses defended during 2021 in European Universities from all areas of robotics. Outstanding theses with strong theoretical contributions, a focus on professional applications or technology transfer, with a high degree of multidisciplinarity, or showing how robotics technologies can be applied to new domains, are eligible for the award.
The award consists in a plaque and the publication of the thesis by Springer in the STAR series. It will be given to the winner(s) on the occasion of the next European Robotics Forum in Rotterdam, Netherlands, from March 22 to 24, 2022.
- The award covers the solar year but the submission deadline is November, the 30th, 2021. The candidates whose defense is planned in December need to submit as well with an integration of information after the defense.
- The selection of the finalists will be announced mid-to end-of-February 2022, and these finalists are expected to give a 20 minutes presentation of their research at the European Robotics Forum, since part of the award evaluation will be done on the basis of that oral presentation.
- The oral presentation is, by default, in person. Exceptions will be handled on a case by case by informing the board.
- The official date is the viva-voce defense. The finalists will be requested to prove it with a copy of the committee report or a mail from the tutor.
- The eligible countries corresponds to geographical Europe + associated countries in Horizon Europe funding program. This is the current list of associated countries.
- Self-candidatures only are accepted.
- Submissions are done by sending an email to the George Giralt Award Committee phd.award(AT)eu-robotics.net after filling this form.
- The pdf thesis file should remain unchanged from the file submitted to the committee.
- Each finalist will receive financial support for the travel of 500€ + Free ticket to ERF + free ticket to the dinner.
The jury for the Georges Giralt PhD Award consists of members of the euRobotics academic community, their names and former award winners can be found here.